Intercession and Intercessors are needed in every generation. Ezekiel echoes these word "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Ezekiel 22:30. The Ministry of Intecession is what will hold God to His promises regarding lives, be they for a family, a city or even a tribe.
Cindy Jacobs in her book A Training Manual for Militant Intercession
she put across one point that needs to be heard by all in the body of Christ. That is, "No one ministry has all the revelation necessary to strategize over nations". That is, it would take the body comming together for battle plans to be revealed.
This ministry need not be left for the very spiritual. All can become intercessors. Infact, we are all called to this ministry.
Intercession can be at several level.
(a) Family Intercession - Interceding on behalf of your family members.
(b) Local Intercession - Interceding with other believers on behalf of the city or locality.
(c) National Intercession - Interceding on behalf of your country.
(d) International Intercession - Interceding on behalf of regions, comprising of several nations.
Please note that as the level change, the type of intercession can change. You will move from individual level to corporate level intercession.
In whatever way you look at it, we are all in a war and intercessors are needed world over. You need to put on the full armour of God and get ready.
Start here... Let us pray for The Family Unit
The Bible says "Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate." (Psalm 127: 1-5)
Friends, Let us pray and declare that: -
HE IS THE MASTER BUILDER
May God be the Builder of every home
· Let us pray that Jesus Christ will be both the Builder and the firm foundation of the homes of Believers;
· Let us pray that God will release wisdom to the parents on how they are to raise up the children in the fear and the admonition of the Lord;
· Let us pray that God will strengthen our faith in every area that our faith has weakened; and
· Let us pray to God that He will enrich our devotion time.
THE EXCELLENT HEALER
May He intervene and heal every area
· Let us pray to God to especially intervene in the area of our finances. Where there is any struggle let us believe that God, the Master Provider will intervene and bring forth deliverance;
· Let us pray for those couples that are having a breakdown in communication either with one another or with the children. Let us believe God to restore of communication within the family unit; and
· Let us pray for those who are nursing a family member; either with a terminal or non-terminal disease. Let us believe God to bring forth healing and restoration.
May His peace be evident in our lives
· Let us believe God that He will remove every worry and anxiety that is within our homes. Let us pray that God will give an uncommon peace as we learn to trust in Him;
· Let us agree with those that are trusting God for the fruit of the womb that He will give them peace in this regard; and
· Let us believe God for Peace and unity within the family.
· Let us pray that each of our children shall be prayer a warrior and shall contend with the devil;
· Let us pray for a warrior’s spirit to rest upon our children that they will know their position in Christ Jesus; and
· Like David, they will not rest when the Name of The Lord is put to shame but instead will pick up the sling-shot of prayer and bring down the powers of darkness
Be blessed as you intercede for your family.
Some Scriptures to hold on to...
Mathew 18:18, Psalm 127:1, Joshua 24:15, I John 5:14-15, Acts 16:31, Proverbs 22:6
Search for more books on Intercession